I’ve spent the last week or so consolidating my web hosting accounts into one place, with my supplier of choice Hosting Ireland. As well as cutting down the administration overhead, it’s also going to save me some money.
I also didn’t realise, until I started the process, how many different domain names I own. They were spread out over different domain registrars and hosting providers, and many of them are no longer in active use, but I like to keep hold of them – you know – just in case! In total I have six domain names for my own personal use:
- richardbloomfield.ie – My current blog, which has a rather snazzy Irish domain.
- richardbloomfield.com – My so-called “professional” web site – not much on it.
- bloomfield.me.uk – My old blog (now defunct), which forwards to my .com
- layclerk.org – An old blog about cathedral music (now defunct), which also forwards to my .com
- louiseandrichard.info – Our new wedding website – still under construction at the time of writing, but feel free to check it out!
- bike.io – A new venture I’m trying out, to try and put together a cycling related information portal. Have tried writing a few articles, but the site doesn’t appear to be attracting any visitors.
The commenting functionality of the site seems to be broken. When I have time, I’ll try to get around to fixing it.
I thought I would give 30 Days of Biking a go – a pledge to ride a bike every day for the 30 days of April, and share the adventures online. This fulfils two goals I’ve had for a while now – to cycle more, because it’s so much fun – and to update this blog a little more frequently. And so, although I may not update here every day – some updates will be on Facebook or Twitter – I’ll try to include some of my experiences on this blog.
I forgot all about this. I installed some iPhone specific templates a while ago so that I would be able to post from my phone. But this is the first time I’ve tried it out. And so far it’s looking good. Not that I’ve got anything to say at the moment.
I just discovered that, because of some changes I made to my accounts a few days ago, a lot of my incoming email has been bouncing over the weekend.
Due to an undocumented ‘feature’ of my domain host, I had somehow managed to set a couple of email addresses to forward in a perpetual loop to themselves; never quite making it as far as the mailbox.
Oh well, the error has now been corrected, and hopefully I didn’t miss anything too important.